Friday, March 27, 2009

DAILY MEWS 8

The Daily Mews.

Contented musings from under the table…
and occasional hysterics.
All about the day to day life of a common Colombo cat.

March 11th

Oh horror of horrors , and may the kind blessings of Bubastis protect me ! I went in this morning for the usual spot of salmon and pampering and guess what a horrible sight met my poor shocked eyes! The kussi woman has brought along two filthy little orphaned catletts from somewhere! They look about six to eight weeks old and were tumbling about like little furry meatballs in the living room and I could see Pitchy looking through the balcony windows with that fixed expression he gets when he is getting ready to kill something. Of course, I don’t approve of cattibalism on principle, but in the circumstances I feel it might certainly be the strategic and practical thing to do. Our young master can certainly not afford to feed two more cat gobs with the current recession (poor fellow has already delayed his marriage about three years as he cannot save up enough for a half decent ceremony what with us eating him out of house and home) and these two will certainly result in our salmon being rationed. Misery. What to do! Malakeliyai!

March 13th
Im seriously worried now, she does not seem to be affected by their inconsiderate pooping and the smell in here. Pitchy tried to swallow them once or twice but got beaten the crap out of severely chastised. Instead of getting rid of them, the Mistress makes cooing noises and says “sin, aney” and feeds them out of her plate. Im so jealous I could claw the sofa to shreds. I think that’s what I will do pretty soon. Grrrrrr.


March 15th
I know I should not be so smug , but sometimes the smirking actually aches…the two little terrors Precious Darlings have been shittin answering to the call of nature, all over the living room and mistress Hacketty was on her STOMACH this evening with the Kussi Woman nearby passing damp newspaper blobs dipped in detergent, trying to reach a spot below the provision cupboard. This has a crawl space of about two and a half inches and they really could not have picked a worse place to do this in the whole house, except perhaps in the laundry basket. With any luck she will be heartily fed up of their nonsense and go and keep them near some temple.
I hope I was never a kitten, that’s a really horrible thought if any.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home