Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hear Kitty...


One night while walking home I heard squeaks and squawks from a small box. It was thrown in dirty lot with a few empty bottles and miscellaneous trash. When I approached one noisy shadow, it crawled into my pant leg and cuddled into my leg. I found three more and realized quickly I wasn't going to leave them to die. They were clearly taken from their mother and thrown out with the trash by one of my own kind since they seemed instantly comfortable and used to humans.
They are maybe one months old and clearly too little and trusting for the world to be cast back out, but I have no capacity to take care of them as I am always on the move within Sri Lanka without a proper home myself. They are in very temporary holding and in urgent need of home If you can help to give them a safer future or if you are looking for a friend for your family, please call. 077-350-2358
One kitten has found a home already this way. I only have about another week.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumbled onto this site...love your kindness in rescuing these little creatures. Hope you had success finding them a home

Bec
Gold Coast
Australia

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger aljuhara said...

thanks for your comment.
the situation for strays here is terrible, the way sri lankans treat their elephants is gruesome. i dont know what we can do about it.
how did you find our site by the way ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home